Mudcat Café message #3973311 The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #165570   Message #3973311
Posted By: DMcG
24-Jan-19 - 12:07 PM
Thread Name: BS: Brexit #3: A futile gesture?
Subject: RE: BS: Brexit #3: A futile gesture?
"Well maybe they should. My parents lived through a time when they did just that"

Well, yes, but with a near 100% agreement on the enemy, and doing so to resist what an enemy was attempting to achieve. That is somewhat different to the situation where some-48% of the population think it is being inflicted on them by the other some-52% against all their best interests...

You can't help thinking maybe people ought to understand that there's a price to be paid for being dependent on the good offices of your neighbours.

And there is a price to be paid if you generate ill-will in your neighbours.   It will not make trade deals easier to arrange if the UK appears to be incoherent.