Mudcat Café message #309565 The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #25612   Message #309565
Posted By: black walnut
01-Oct-00 - 11:24 AM
Thread Name: CJRT Toronto dropping folk, blues, world
Subject: RE: CJRT Toronto dropping folk, blues, world
this was posted on canada folk this morning, and i think it sheds an interesting light on the decision making of cjrt....

"I imagine I'm not the only one who saw Goddard's "Persuasion" column in the in the Saturday Star (Sept. 30,2000) but, he has said essentially the same things that have been said on these lists so eloquently by Richard and Derek and oh so many others. I missed "Absolutely Folk" this weekend. The only good thing is that I got to hear all of DNTO on CBC and Heartland, oops, Band Width, Bill Stunts reformatted show. It is interesting that Goddard points out that the recent deal between the National Post and cjrt probably has a lot to do with the changes. The station will be broadcasting in real time from the post's website. The post's survey show 40% of their readers prefer lite jazz and classical music. What do the other 60% like. I love the line he uses: Woody Guthrie and Conrad Black are not on the same page. Cheers, Russ Musgrove. "

i sure missed being able to hear folk, world and blues shows on cjrt yesterday....

~'nut