Mudcat Café message #1718285 The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #90420   Message #1718285
Posted By: GUEST,M.Ted
14-Apr-06 - 03:33 PM
Thread Name: House Concerts a Federal Case
Subject: RE: House Concerts a Federal Case
Both options? Do you mean Lawsuit and applying for a zoning variance? That could work, since it would be obvious that, with your zoning variance, there would be no reason for you to continue the lawsuit.

On the other hand, the Zoning Board might decide that they don't want to hear your application for a zoning variance until the lawsuit was resolved. At which time you'd have to go get a court order compelling them to hear it. Then, if they declined it, you could claim that it was retaliatory, and file yet another lawsuit. Sooner or later, someone is going to say that you are litigious, at which point you can sue them for defamation;-)--

Or did you mean both apply for a variance and run for Township Board? I'd apply for the variance first, and run for the township board as a last resort--