Mudcat Café message #1453096 The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #79934   Message #1453096
Posted By: Chris Green
05-Apr-05 - 07:05 PM
Thread Name: BS: Official UK election thread 2005
Subject: RE: BS: Official UK election thread 2005
It's a knotty one. I can't bring myself to vote Labour, due to the blatant disregard they've shown for the opinions of people who put them where they are in the first place. Nor will I vote Conservative, as they are all a bunch of incompetent right-wing loons who couldn't run a knocking shop. Lib Dems have some appealing policies, but are nowhere near ready to govern (although seeing them get into opposition would be interesting - there might actually BE some opposition for a change!) The remainder are minority fruitcakes who I despise (BNP) or think are broadly right but naive (Greens).

Maybe I'll deface my ballot paper. After all, the turnout at the last elections was around 60%. If the remaining 40% had turned up at the polling stations and spoiled their papers, maybe the blokes in Westminster would realise that there are a lot of people out there who don't feel represented by them.