Mudcat Café Message Lyrics & Knowledge Personal Pages Record Shop Auction Links Radio & Media Kids Membership Help
The Mudcat Cafeawe

User Name Thread Name Subject Posted
GUEST,Graham Bradshaw PRS licence for band (9) RE: PRS licence for band 07 Jul 08

Sorry guys - not that simple! But it never is, is it?

PRS licence is the responsibility of the promoter or venue, ie the person who takes the money for ticket sales.

PPL licence is responsibility of promoter, or venue, or the person playing the CDs.

In my guise as a PA Company, this came up a few years back. When we play CDs in the interval, or as walk in and walk out music, a PPL licence is required. In halls, they normally have one. But in a festival marquee, none exists and someone has to pay for one. Most festivals are paying their PRS levy, and are reluctant to pay for yet another licence. So, I now have to pay a yearly licence, just so I cover myself for those eventualties when there is no venue licence in place.

This also applies to mobile discos and callers that use recorded music.

Be careful, They're out to get you!!


Post to this Thread -

Back to the Main Forum Page

By clicking on the User Name, you will requery the forum for that user. You will see everything that he or she has posted with that Mudcat name.

By clicking on the Thread Name, you will be sent to the Forum on that thread as if you selected it from the main Mudcat Forum page.

By clicking on the Subject, you will also go to the thread as if you selected it from the original Forum page, but also go directly to that particular message.

By clicking on the Date (Posted), you will dig out every message posted that day.

Try it all, you will see.