Mudcat Café Message Lyrics & Knowledge Personal Pages Record Shop Auction Links Radio & Media Kids Membership Help
The Mudcat Cafeawe

User Name Thread Name Subject Posted
GUEST,MTed Name that chord (16) RE: Name that chord 06 Dec 06

I depends a lot on what key you're playing in, but A2 is a good approximation. It isn't A 4, because the 4th of A is D, which is nowhere to be seen--It really isn't technically called a chord unless it has a third interval of some sort in it--we could hedge and call that B a C flat. I guess you could call it an "A double minor". No one would know what you're talking about.

As I think about it, this chord is used in Stephen Schwartz wonderful song, "For Good", from the musical "Wicked". It is called a sus2 chord in the sheet music, which isn't exactly right, because to be a suspended chord, technically, the note has to be suspended over a chord change, and it is arguable whether it does that, but you've got to call it something--Asus2 gets the idea across, anyway--

Post to this Thread -

Back to the Main Forum Page

By clicking on the User Name, you will requery the forum for that user. You will see everything that he or she has posted with that Mudcat name.

By clicking on the Thread Name, you will be sent to the Forum on that thread as if you selected it from the main Mudcat Forum page.

By clicking on the Subject, you will also go to the thread as if you selected it from the original Forum page, but also go directly to that particular message.

By clicking on the Date (Posted), you will dig out every message posted that day.

Try it all, you will see.