Mudcat Café Message Lyrics & Knowledge Personal Pages Record Shop Auction Links Radio & Media Kids Membership Help
The Mudcat Cafeawe

User Name Thread Name Subject Posted
NH Dave BS: Back problems - please give weird help (55* d) RE: BS: Back problems - please give weird help 02 Oct 06

Not knowing where you are posting from makes this advice a bit difficult, but . . .

Go to or get a referral to a Pain Center. They specialize in treating pain of various sorts, and are usually pretty good at what they do. My local folks shot two lots of Cortisone into the spaces between my lower vertebrae, where the pain was originating, and the cure has worked for about 9 months so far. This needs to be done by someone who knows what s/he is doing. My doctor had me on the table, sedated, using something like X-ray to tell exactly where he was shooting the steriod. These injections may need to be repeated every 6-12 months until your back and nerves get the message.

If your country doesn't do Pain Centers, get a referral to and work with a neurologist to determine what is causing the pain, and then follow his/her advice.


Post to this Thread -

Back to the Main Forum Page

By clicking on the User Name, you will requery the forum for that user. You will see everything that he or she has posted with that Mudcat name.

By clicking on the Thread Name, you will be sent to the Forum on that thread as if you selected it from the main Mudcat Forum page.
   * Click on the linked number with * to view the thread split into pages (click "d" for chronologically descending).

By clicking on the Subject, you will also go to the thread as if you selected it from the original Forum page, but also go directly to that particular message.

By clicking on the Date (Posted), you will dig out every message posted that day.

Try it all, you will see.